More kheer recipes
Basmati rice - ⅓ cup
Water - ¾ cup
Oil - 1 tsp (optional)
Carrots - 3 cups
Almond milk - 4 cups, vanilla flavored, unsweetened
Sugar - ¾ cup
Almond flour - ¼ cup
Almond extract paste - ¼ tsp
Cardamom - 1, powdered
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and roast the washed rice for two minutes. The rice can be dry roasted too.
Add the water, and cook the rice. In a couple of minutes, the rice will absorb all the water.
Add the almond milk and carrots and cook for about 15 minutes until the rice turns creamy and the carrots are cooked.
Add the almond flour, sugar, and crushed cardamom. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Add the almond extract paste, simmer for a minute. Remove from the flame.
Transfer to serving cups. Top with sliced almonds. Serve hot, warm, or chilled.
Creative Creations with Carrots
- Bird’s Nest Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Baked Carrot Casserole Recipe from Blogghetti
- Chinese Jamaican Beef and Carrots from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Copper Penny Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Glazed Turnips and Carrots from That Recipe
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots from Jen Around the World
- Irish Buttered Carrots (Slieve Na Mbam) from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Maple Glazed Carrots from Art of Natural Living