Asparagus and coconut stir-fry is a tasty vegan side that can be served with grains or flatbreads. This is an easy recipe and takes only 5 minutes to cook when the prep work is done. This can work as a warm salad too!
Every time I go to farmers market, I bag so much veggies. Sometimes it is a little hard to stop when you see so fresh veggies and fruits. How is it with you? I buy asparagus, microgreens, oranges, peppers, bok choy and lots and lots of fruits...........the list goes on and on with different seasons. Asparagus is one of my favorite veggie and I love to incorporate that in many of my recipes. This stir-fry is made in our home very often. Minty Roasted Asparagus Vegan Pesto is a simple and flavorful pesto to use in a few ways. We are celebrating #Farmersmarketweek in our Festive Foodies group by sharing recipes made with fresh goodies from Farmers Market. This is my first recipe.
Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes we shared today!
Starters and Drinks Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Herb Cream Cheese Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Zucchini Walnut Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n' Cooks
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Green Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chai Snickerdoodle Peach Cobbler by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Peach Shortcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate's Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Asparagus - 2 cups, 1/4 in slices.
Water - 1 or 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Coconut - 2 tbsp, fresh or frozen
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Split urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Asafetida - 1/8 tsp
Dried red chili - 2 torn
Curry leaf - 1 sprig
Heat oil in a cast-iron pan. Add the oil. When it is hot, add the torn red chilies and mustard seeds. When the mustard splutters add the split urad dhal followed by asafetida and curry leaf. Fry for 30 seconds till the dhal is golden brown.
Add the asparagus. Sprinkle a little water, cover and cook for 2-4 minutes on a medium flame or till the asparagus is tender but firm.