This is an absolutely delicious and decadent cookie that is perfect for the holidays with cocoa powder, chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and cherries. These add-ins make this a great one bake and share with family. These are guaranteed to go in a flash!
I have used the dried cherries from the farm we always go for cherry picking. Near our home, we have so many farms and this particular one, they make their own dried cherries and they are awesome. I always bag a couple of packs to use them in cookies during Christmas time. And here is the one we make often with these cherries. These chewy chocolatey cookies are the best! These are ideal for any holiday cookie tray or gifts.
Are you looking for perfect eggless cookie ideas? No worries! You have landed in the right page. This cookie is an amazing one and here are the some cookies from the blog that make great holiday treats and gifts.
Today concludes our cookie recipe sharing for #Christmascookiesweek event, a week long event hosted ny Ellen of Family Around the Table. We shared over 70 cookie recipes this week perfect in time to plan for holiday baking. Check the links at the end of the post for the recipes my fellow bloggers shared today. Here are the cookie recipes I shared during this week for the event. Thanks, Ellen anf #FestiveFoodies!
Rolled oats - 1.5 cups
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Brown sugar - 1 cup, packed
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Flax seed powder - 1 tbsp
Almond milk - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Sliced almonds - 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Dried cherry - 1/2 cup
Vanilla - 1 tbsp
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix, and set aside. Add almond milk to flax seed powder to gel.
Cream the butter, sugar, flaxed egg, and vanilla till fluffy.
Add the dry ingredients and make a cookie dough.
Fold in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, and sliced almonds.
With a cookie scooper, or scoop about a tablespoon of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with silicone or parchment. Slightly flatten it. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool on a cooling rack for about 10-15 minutes.
Store in an airtight container.
Friday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Big Soft Ginger Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chai Snickerdoodles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chewy Oatmeal Ginger Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Kate's Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Christmas Ritz Cracker Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Cinnamon Toast Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti from Sweet Beginnings
- Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Double Chocolate Cherry Almond Oatmeal Cookies from Magical Ingredients
- Double Peppermint Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Grinch Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Italian Pistachio Cookies from Take Two Tapas
- Old-Fashioned Jubilee Jumbles Cookies from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peppermint Shortbread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Reindeer Cookies from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Sugar Cookie Bars from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Thumbprint Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies from Art of Natural Living