This rice is easy to make and is a crowd pleaser. The aroma of the fresh ground spices makes it special and addictive. Traditional recipe uses a mixture of chana dal (bengal gram) and urad dal. Since, we have a member intolerant to chana dal, I ususally substitute with urad dal of the same quantity. Use 2 tablespoons of chana dal in this recipe, if you plan to add.
September is NationalRiceMonth and in our #OurFamilyTable we are celebrating this by sharing recipes in an event. Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure is hosting the "Raveable Rice Recipes". Vaangi baath is our all time favorite and am sharing the same for this event. We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Next, add the ground fresh spice powder. Mix thoroughly for even distribution taking care not to smush the eggplants. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro. Switch off the flame.
Raveable Rice Recipes
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cheesy Rice and Lentils from Art of Natural Living
- Chicken and Leek Risotto from That Recipe
- Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice from The Freshman Cook
- Creamy Wild Rice and Sausage Soup from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Stuffed Pepper Casserole from Blogghetti
- Taco Zucchini Boats from Fresh April Flours
- Vaangi Bath / Eggplant Rice from Magical Ingredients