These are soft, delicious, and healthy cookies packed with nutrition, and with no added sugar at all! These cookies are made with date sugar. These cookies are perfect for any occasion, especially around the holidays.
Date sugar is powdered dried dates. This can be added to smoothies, salad, and in baked goods for extra flavor and nutrition. It is available in supermarkets. Dates are rich in iron and would help improve anemia. For kids who may be picky eaters, sneaking nutrition is a great idea. Who doesn't love cookies? Cookies are always an easy and great way to give extra nutrition to kids. This cookie uses only date sugar and no other sugar of any form. With added pieces of dates and walnuts, every bite is super yummy! This gives the perfect sweetness in every bite and the tons of walnuts added give the crunchy satisfaction. Chocolatey Whole Wheat Date Sugar Banana Bread is also an option to include in your menu that utilizes date sugar as the sweetener.
These cookies are easy to make. All you need to make these cookies are all purpose flour, date sugar, butter, salt, baking powder, flaxseed powder, milk, vanilla, dates, and walnuts. The added dates give extra chewiness and extra dose of natural sweetness in the cookie. I would highly recommend not to omit it. It is like the chocolate chips in the cookie. These cookies can be baked immediately, or rolled into a log, refrigerated, sliced and baked. These do not spread much while baking.
Holidays are the feasting season. So, it is always a great idea to have healthier versions of cookies to bake and munch. This is one of our favorites using dates. This gives the perfect comfort when you dunk in milk cherishing the moment. For an even healthier version, try these Date Oats Vegan Heart Cookies which make a delicious breakfast. These cookies are a great addition to your cookie tray. Put away your regular cookies and try this cookie for a change and I can guarantee that this would be a loved one.
Can you believe it is already November? Holidays are closer and that means one thing. Cookies! Ok... the next one is Fun! It is the best part of the year. Welcome to #ChristmasCookies Week! That time of year when we soften the butter, fire up the oven, and make cookie trays for family, friends, and neighbors. This year more than 20 top-notch bloggers are sharing their very favorite creations for all to make and enjoy. Join us for a week’s worth of Christmas cookie deliciousness. Ellen is hosting this event. Today is the final day and I had shared the recipe for the Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies and Gingerdoodles earlier.
Holidays are the entertaining and gifting season. You'll always need more cookie recipes and check the links below for delicious cookies to bake, devour, and share.
Makes 36 cookies
All-purpose flour - 1.5 cups
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Date sugar - 1 cup
Butter - 1 stick
Vanilla - 1.5 tsp
Flaxseed powder - 1 tbsp
Milk - 5 tbsp
Walnuts - 1 cup, chopped
Dates - 2/3 cup, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add milk to the flaxseed powder and set aside for 10 minutes to gel.
Add the flour, salt, baking soda to a bowl, mix, and set aside.
Cream the butter and date sugar until fluffy. Add the flaxed egg and vanilla, and beat until fluffy.
Add the flour in instalments and make a cookie dough.
With a cookie scooper, scoop the cookie dough, roll, and flatten them. Place them on a lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack, cool completely. Bake one or two minutes for crunchier version.
Serve as such, or with milk. Store in airtight container.
Friday Christmas Cookies Week Recipes.
- Caramel Tassies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Thumbprints by Hostess At Heart
- Christmas Shortbread Cookie Bars by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Date Sugar Walnut Cookies by Magical Ingredients
- Earl Grey Snickerdoodles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy Cake Mix Biscotti by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Gingerbread Penuche Sandwich Cookies by That Recipe
- Ginger Molasses Cookies with Caramelized Ginger by Family Around the Table
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossoms by Frugal & Fit
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Blogghetti
- Iced Gingerbread Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Maple Doodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini M&M Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies by Shockingly Delicious
- Orange Ginger Refrigerator Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Peppermint Meringues by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Peppermint Mocha Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Reese's Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sugar Plum Pinwheel Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies by Jen Around the World