Published: November 2014, Updated: December, 2021
These soft and chewy cookies are addictive and amazing that is always loved in our home! The flavors of this cookie will make anyone love it! That's the perfect combination of chocolate, orange, and vanilla! These are eggless cookies. These cookies are perfect for any occasion. They are great for a snack, birthday party, cookie exchange, or great holiday edible gift.
This is an updated post. I updated with new photographs for more reader satisfaction.
I have used Taylor and Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste and Dixie Crystals Sugar. The fine quality sugar makes creaming butter and sugar easy while adding perfect color and chewyness to the cookie. The T&C Vanilla Bean Paste adds amazing taste to the cookie. This paste goes a little extra mile in enhancing flavor. If you can't find in your region, substitute with any vanilla you have.
Almost every one of us play the Candy Crush game. It's such a cool game! Many times the game says delicious, divine..... To understand the divine flavor one must taste food with the perfect combination. There is one combination that is always "DIVINE" - Orange and Chocolate. Yes, it is! they pair so well and many times I have indulged in dark chocolates with orange. It's awesome delicious!
The cookies made with orange and chocolate chips are always a super hit in my home. When you bake this one, you can feel the aroma of vanilla and orange dancing in your home! Guess what happens whenever I bake these cookies..........kids will be very happy when they enter the home sniffing, grabbing handfuls (ofcourse after washing hands!) and happily munching them with milk (perfect combination for a cookie)! What else could be the perfect snack for the children!
While baking cookies with chocolate chips, add a couple of chocolate chips on top after scooping to baking sheet for that melty bakery finish style cookies. This tip make all your cookies with bakery style finish. Here are some pointers for a baking this cookie:
1. I used to add a couple more tbsp of butter, but this reduced version equally tastes good. If you want, feel free to add 2 to 4 more tbsp of butter. With four tablespoons extra butter, this will a heaven! Trust me on this!
2. As I said, this is a soft-baked cookie. For a crunchy one, bake for 1 or 2 min. more.
3. Use a microplane grater to get the rind alone from the orange. Use Navel oranges. The cookie is a little yellowish because of the addition of orange rind.
4. For a milk-free version, feel free to use orange juice in place of milk. I have made using orange juice and is delicious too.
5. A cookie scoop helps to get the same sized dough very easily. If you don't have one, measuring spoon is more than enough.
6. If you want to add more chocolates, increase it by 4 more tbsp. You can add either dark or milk chocolates or a mixture of both too.
7. The flour type may differ from country to country, add one or two tablespoon milk if needed to make the cookie dough.
This blog has delicious eggless cookie recipes perfect for any occasion! Here are the links to some.
I am linking this to Bakeathon 2021, The Fourth Annual Holiday Cookie Recipe Exchange, and The Great Cookie Exchange!
Makes about 36
Maida / All purpose flour - 2 cups
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Grated orange rind - 3 tsp
Butter - 100g or 7 tbsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla - 2 tsp
Dark chocolate chips - 2 tbsp
White chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Flaxseed powder - 2 tbsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
In a cup, add milk to flax seed powder and set aside for 5 min. to make the flaxed egg.
Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix in a bowl and keep aside.
In another bowl, add butter, sugar, orange rind, flaxed egg, and vanilla bean paste/vanilla till fluffy.
When all the flour has been mixed well and the chocolate chips and fold. (Reserve a couple of tablespoons of chocolatechips for topping or add extra chips).
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper/silicone (cleaning is easy) and scoop out approximately 1 tbsp of the cookie dough 2 in. apart. Slightly flatten them. Add a couple of chocolate chips on top.
They will spread while baking but not too much. Bake for 12 min or till the edges are starting to get firmer. Cool on a wire rack.
Store in a dry container (whatever is left out).